- I unlocked the domain on namecheap.
- I initiated a request with godaddy to transfer a domain to them.
- I completed the checkout process on godaddy.
- they emailed my namecheap domain contact with a Transaction ID and Security Code.
- I request an EPP Authorization code on namecheap.
- I go into godaddy account manager and enter the Transaction ID, Security Code, and Authorization Code.
- godaddy says I’m at Step 3 of the transfer: Accept transfer with current registrar.
wtf? how do I do that? I thought that’s what the authorization code was. or does it just take time? it’s been about half an hour.
the description of step 3 is..
Step 3: Accept/Decline
that should mean I’m good to go, right?
Yeah you will be fine. I bought a domain off of someone and was transferring it to godaddy and they never accepeted the transfer and after 5 days it showed up at godaddy.